The model was built at Greeneville, TN, The John Deere S100 Riding Lawn Tractor is the most affordable 42-in. deck model in the 100 Series lineup.
It is a comfortable ride featuring an ergonomic design with adjustable controls as well as an 11-in. heat-resistant seat.
The S100 comes with hydrostatic transmission as well as side-by-side foot pedals that allow for simple operation.
The 42-in. Edge Cutting System is time-tested and proven to provide high-quality cuts and can be easily fitted to mulch or bag. The John Deere single-cylinder engine has 17.5 HP – plenty of power for 1 acre.
- 1 John Deere S100 Price
- 2 John Deere S100 Features
- 3 John Deere S100 Specification
- 4 John Deere S100 Problems
- 5 John Deere S100 Review Video
John Deere S100 Price
John Deere S100 Features
John Deere S100 Key Fact
- 17.5 hp (13 kW)* Engine
- 42-in. Edge™ Mower Deck
- Hydrostatic Transmission with w/side-by-side pedals
- Spring-assisted hand grip lever raises and lowers the deck easily
- The operator station is wide and comfortable
- 2-year/120-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
John Deere S100 Specification
|Displacement||30.5 cu in.
|Type||Overhead valve, full-pressure lube, oil filter|
|Choke/speed control||Single lever with spring return on choke|
|Oil change||No-tools oil drain with replaceable filter|
|Fuel delivery||Pulse pump and carburetor|
|Fuel gauge||Mechanical, viewable from the seat|
|Fuel tank location||Rear|
|Fuel fill opening||Center, 1.75 in.
|Fuel tank capacity||2.4 U.S. gal.
|Charging system||Regulated, 8 amp|
|Engine starter||Bendix type|
|Headlights||Two standards, incandescent|
|Taillights or reflector||No|
|Rear work lights||No|
|Type||Hydrostatic, 2-wheel drive|
|Oil cooler||Fins and fan on the transaxle|
|Oil filter||Yes, not serviceable|
|Forward speed||0-5.5 mph
|Reverse speed||0-3.2 mph
|Brakes||Internal wet disk|
|Frame||Full-length welded steel|
|Weight bracket||Optional rear|
|Front axle||Cast-iron front axle, powdered-metal front wheel bushings|
|Hood material||Molded-in color material reduces sound, and will not rust or dent|
|Fender deck material||Stamped steel|
|Floor mats||Yes, with debris removing channels|
|Storage||Storage tray with optional cover|
|Service interval decal||Yes|
|Equipment mounting||CargO Mount™ system|
|Type||Sector and pinion with single drag link and tie rod|
|Four-wheel steer||Not available on this model|
|Steering wheel||Standard, diameter – 12 in.
|Tilt steering wheel||No|
|Turning radius||18 in.
|Uncut circle radius||25 in.
|Seat back height||11 in.
|Fore-aft adjustment||While seated, 5.5 in.
|Seat suspension||Tilt, two coil springs|
|Type||Spring-assisted hand-grip lever|
|Mower cut height||13 positions, 1-4 in.
|Cut height increments||0.25 in.
|Preset cut height||No|
|Cutting width||Edge™ mower deck, 42 in.
|Construction||Stamped steel deck shell|
|Mower deck material||Steel, 13 gauge
|Mower wash port||Yes|
|Mower drive system||Manual power take-off (PTO)|
|Mower wheel adjustment||One bolt|
|Mower level adjustment||Easy-level deck|
|Type||Slide under tractor|
|Front draft arms||One spring clip|
|Rear draft arms||Two spring clips|
|Mower wheels rotate||No|
|Drive system||Single belt|
|Meets ANSI standard||Yes|
|Meets OPEI standard||Yes|
|Backup protection||Reverse Implement Option (RIO)|
|Overall length||69.7 in.
|Width with mower||55.2 in.
|Width with mower (deflector raised for storage)||46.5 in.
|Weight||Mower, no fuel, 414 lb
John Deere S100 Problems
- Engine Problem
- The Engine Will Not Start
- The Engine Will Not Stay Running
- The Engine Will Not Idle
- The Engine Is Distorted When Running
- Rough-Running Engine
- Lawn Tractor Engine Knocks
- The Lawn Tractor Engine Consumes Excessive Fuel
- The Lawn Tractor Produces Black Exhaust Smoke
- The Engine Heats Up Too Much
- Clogged Or Faulty Carburetor
- Overheating Due To Inappropriate Level Of Engine Oil
- Operating The Machine For Too Long
- Working In Wet Conditions
- Rust Damage To The Lawn Tractor
- The Lawn Tractor Will Not Move
- Inappropriate Position Of The Throttle
- Blunt Blades
- Uneven Ground Conditions
- The Lawn Tractor Cuts The Grass Unevenly
- Lawn Tractor Lights Do Not Work
- The Lawn Tractor Is Too Loud
- The Batteries Will Not Charge
- The Tractor Vibrates Too Much
- Mower Deck Doesn’t Rotate
John Deere S100 Review Video
That’s all about the John Deere S100 Price. I hope you like this article, but if you have any questions regarding this article, then please comment in the comment section.
I will solve your problem solved as soon as possible. And if you like this article, then please share it with your friends on social media, And Stay tuned with me for more stuff like this. Thanks, people.