Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Delta International Baggage Allowance. As a reputable airline committed to providing exceptional services to our passengers, Delta Airlines offers a generous baggage policy to ensure a smooth and convenient travel experience.
This article covers Delta baggage allowances, including weight, dimensions, and fees.This guide will help you maximize Delta baggage policies, regardless of your flight experience.
This article will equip you with All the essential information you need to Know.
Delta International Baggage Allowance
Delta Airlines allows passengers to carry a cabin bag and one personal item in exchange for a free carry-on policy. The carry-on bag should not exceed 22 by 14 inches by 9 inches (56 35 23 cm) and should fit inside the baggage check for carry-on bags.
The length as well as width and height of the bag should not surpass 45 linear inches (114 cm). Delta Airlines allows checked baggage that has a total size of 62 inches (157 cm) and a maximum weight of 50 pounds or 23 kgs for passengers in economy.
Customers flying with Delta One or first class can bring two bags for free on each reservation. These bags can weigh up to 70 pounds. Delta One, Delta Premium Select First Class passengers are permitted up to three bags free that can weigh up to 70lbs (32 kilograms) each.
The Delta weight limit for baggage on International flights is set at 50 pounds for the majority of passengers. If you’re traveling in the first class of Delta One, the baggage weight limit is 70 pounds per bag.
Delta International Baggage Weight
Delta Airlines has a baggage policy that varies depending on the cabin class and destination of the passenger. Here are the key points from the search results:
- Weight Limit: The Delta baggage weight limit for international flights is 50 pounds per bag for most passengers. However, if you are flying in first class or Delta One, the baggage weight limit is 70 pounds per bag.
- Cabin Class: Passengers booked in basic economy, Main Cabin, and Premium Select have a 50-pound weight limit per bag. Passengers flying in Delta One or first class have a 70-pound weight limit per bag.Delta One, Delta Premium Select, and First Class passengers are allowed up to 3 free bags with a maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg) each.
- Fees: Bags That are overweight and weigh Between 51 and 70 pounds will result in an additional $100 fee and bags that weigh between 71 and 100 pounds will cost a fee of $200. Charges for bags that are larger than bags that are too large can also be charged.
- Exceptions: Current Members of United States Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard do not Have to pay baggage Charges
It is vital to keep in mind that the baggage policy of Delta may alter, therefore it’s always recommended to visit the website of the airline for the most up-to date information.
Delta First Class Baggage Weight
Passengers traveling with Delta One or first class are permitted to bring two bags free of charge with every reservation. these bags are able to weigh up to 70 pounds.
Delta One, Delta Premium Select as well as First Class passengers are permitted up to three bags free that can weigh up to 70 pounds (32 kg) each.
Delta Baggage size
According to the results of the search According to the search results, here these are the Delta baggage size limitations: Travel baggage: Delta Airlines allows passengers to carry a cabin bag as well as a personal item to the board for no cost.
Carry-On Baggage: The carry-on bag cannot exceed 22 by 14 inches by 9 inches (56 35 23 cm) and should fit into the Carry-on baggage Check and is located next to the counters for check-in.
The total length of the bag, its width, and the high of the bag cannot be over 45 inches (114 cm).
The Checked Baggage: Delta Airlines allows checked baggage with a maximum size that exceeds 62 inches (157 inches or 157 cm) and a maximum weight of 50 lbs or 23 kilograms.
The majority of Delta flight routes to different destinations will allow passengers in the economy a bag for free that weighs a maximum of 23kg (50 lbs) and costs between $40 and $150 for a second bag, contingent on the destinations.
Bags that are not in compliance with Delta Airlines’ size and weight limit will incur additional charges.
It is crucial to remember that the baggage policy of Delta may alter, therefore it’s always advisable to visit the website of the airline for the most current information.
How Much Is Extra Baggage On International Flights
- Delta Air Lines: $100 per Bag for bags of 51-70 lbs, and $200 for Bags That Weigh 70-100 pounds.
- American Airlines: $150 per bag for bags of between 51 and 70 pounds, and $200 for bags that weigh between 71 and 100 pounds.
It is important To remember that These are only the most common Examples. The actual costs for excess baggage could differ. You can determine the exact fees for excess baggage on your airline by going to their website.
Here are some helpful tips to help you avoid fees for excess baggage:
- Make sure you pack light. The lighter your luggage is, the less you’ll have to pay extra baggage charges.
- Make sure you Weigh your bags prior to the time you leave for The airport. This will ensure you won’t be surprised on the Way to check in.
- Review your airline’s baggage policies prior to booking your flight. This will provide you with an idea of the quantity of baggage you can check and the amount it’ll cost if you overstep the limit.
- You can pay in advance for baggage that’s not yours. If you’re sure you’ll have to carry a second bag, you can Make a payment on the Internet or over The phone. This can be a great way to save money compared to having to pay for the Price at the airport.
Delta Baggage Fees
Here are the most important details about Delta baggage charges based on the results of the search:
- Domestic Flights: for domestic flights in North America, if you’re traveling inside the primary cabin you’ll usually be charged $30 for the first bag which weighs fewer than 50 pounds. You’ll pay $40 for the second bag that are less than 50 pounds. The maximum weight of a bag is the size of 62 inches when you add up length, width, and height.
- international flights: The majority of Delta flight routes to different destinations will allow economy passengers to take a bag for a free maximum of 23kg (50 lbs) and charge between $40-$150 for the second bag, based on the place. However, if you’re carrying baggage that is too large or heavy must pay additional fees for checked bags. The cost for the overweight bag can range between $100-$200 dependent on the weight. The price for an oversized bag is $200.
- Excess baggage Checking baggage is not allowed which means at least three bags for each person when flying on Delta Air Lines flights will cost you between $85 and $95 per bag.
- Overweight Baggage for overweight baggage that weighs between 51 and 70 pounds Delta adds an additional $100 for each bag. If bags weigh between 71-100 kilograms, Delta adds an additional $200 for each bag.
- Oversized Baggage Larger Baggage for baggage that is oversized (bags that are greater than 62 inches when totalizing the length, width, and height. Delta adds an additional $200 per bag
It’s important to note that Delta’s fees for baggage can change, so it’s always best to go to
Delta Special Baggage Items
Delta recognizes that passengers may need to transport certain special items during their travels. These can include sports equipment, musical instruments, fragile items, or other oversized or bulky belongings. Delta’s Special Baggage policy provides guidelines for handling these items and ensures their safe transport.
If you plan to bring your sports equipment, such as golf clubs, skis, or surfboards, Delta offers specific allowances and regulations. These items are generally considered part of your checked baggage allowance, but additional fees may apply for oversized or overweight equipment. It is advisable to contact Delta or review their official website for detailed information on transporting sports equipment.
Passengers traveling with musical instruments can bring them as carry-on or checked baggage, depending on their size and weight. Carry-on instruments must fit within the specified dimensions and be stowed in the overhead bin or under the seat. For larger instruments, such as cellos or guitars, Delta provides the option of purchasing an additional seat to ensure their safe transport.
Fragile and Bulky Items
Delta has guidelines for transporting fragile or bulky items, such as artwork or large electronics. It is recommended to contact Delta’s Special Assistance department in advance to make arrangements and obtain the necessary information regarding packaging, handling, and any additional fees.
Tips for Maximizing Your Baggage Allowance
To make the most of your baggage allowance and avoid additional fees, consider the following tips:
- Pack Efficiently:
- Organize your belongings and pack them efficiently to maximize the available space in your baggage.
- Utilize packing cubes, compression bags, and other space-saving techniques.
- Check Baggage Restrictions:
- Familiarize yourself with the baggage restrictions specific to your destination and ticket type.
- Be aware of any prohibited items to avoid delays or confiscation at security checkpoints.
- Weigh Your Bags:
- Use a luggage scale to weigh your bags before heading to the airport.
- This will help you ensure that your bags meet the weight requirements and avoid excess baggage fees.
- Consider Shipping or Renting:
- If you need to transport bulky items or excessive baggage, consider shipping them separately or renting equipment at your destination.
- This can be a cost-effective solution, especially for sports equipment or specialized items.
By implementing these tips, you can optimize your baggage allowance and enjoy a hassle-free travel experience with Delta Airlines.
Delta International Baggage Allowance Customer Care
- General Sales & Services: 800-221-1212 800-323-2323 for SkyMiles Members 800-325-1999 for Flight Information
- International Sales & Service: 800-241-4141
- Refund Status: 800-847-0578 Check Refund Status
- Baggage: 800-325-8224
That was all about Delta International Baggage Allowance But if you have any queries regarding this post, then please Comment below in the comment Box, We will Solve your Problem as soon as possible. Thanks for Visiting our Site.
Visit our Website at Commercialvehicleinfo.com for Additional Details.
Delta International Baggage Allowance FAQs
The Delta international baggage fees for 3rd bag is $150 USD.
Yes, Delta Airlines allows passengers to carry musical instruments on their flights.
Small instruments that meet the carry-on size restrictions can be brought into the cabin.
However, larger instruments may need to be checked in or transported as special items.
Delta Airlines permits passengers to bring pets as checked baggage on certain flights.
However, there are specific rules, restrictions, and fees associated with transporting pets.
It is crucial to review Delta’s pet policy and make the necessary arrangements in advance to ensure a comfortable and safe journey for your pet.
To purchase additional baggage allowance, you can visit Delta Airlines’ official website or contact their customer support.
They will provide you with detailed information on how to purchase additional baggage allowance and the associated fees.
The number of checked bags allowed on Delta international flights depends on various factors such as your destination, fare class, and Delta SkyMiles membership status.
For most economy class passengers, two checked bags are permitted.
However, additional allowances may be provided for premium cabin passengers and SkyMiles elite members.
It is advisable to check Delta’s website or contact their customer support for specific information based on your circumstances.
Yes, Delta Airlines allows passengers to bring strollers for their children.
Strollers can be checked in at the gate or as checked baggage.
It’s recommended to check with Delta Airlines for any specific guidelines or restrictions related to strollers to ensure a smooth travel experience.
Delta Airlines advises against packing fragile items in checked baggage as they may not be covered by the airline’s liability.
It is recommended to carry fragile items as carry-on baggage or make special arrangements with Delta for their transportation.
Contact Delta Airlines for specific guidance regarding the transportation of fragile items.
Yes, you can use a TSA-approved lock on your checked baggage with Delta Airlines.
TSA-approved locks allow Transportation Security Administration officers to open and relock your baggage if they need to inspect it.
This helps to maintain the security of your belongings while facilitating the screening process.
Delta Airlines accepts oversized and overweight baggage on their international flights, subject to additional fees and restrictions.
The fees and limitations can vary, so it’s important to contact Delta Airlines in advance to understand the specific requirements and fees associated with oversized or overweight baggage.
Yes, you can carry necessary medical equipment and medications in your carry-on baggage on Delta flights.
It is recommended to keep them easily accessible for security screening purposes.
If you have specific concerns or requirements regarding medical equipment or medications, it is advisable to contact Delta Airlines or consult their official website for further guidance.
I am Dipak Salvi. I’ve been a blogger since 2010, and I love to write. I really like to write about cars, technology, and money. I also write about fitness and health. I run a lot of blogs, such as https://commercialvehicleinfo.com. You can contact me at [email protected]