Lg ims keeps stopping how to fix
Lg ims keeps stopping how to fix: On certain people’s phones, the error message “LG IMS keeps halting” continues appearing every few seconds. They are quite bothered by this inaccuracy. Fortunately, MiniTool Partition Wizard offers some helpful fixes for this issue in this post.
T-Mobile customers using LG devices have reported difficulties, including the LG IMS regularly freezing up or not functioning correctly, since the release of recent Android patch upgrades. So, please explain LG IMS.
One LG IMS App comes With each LG phone. Over a 4G LTE or 5G network, it enables users to make And receive calls, Send texts, And exchange files. The LG IMS App is therefore necessary for day-to-day life.
Therefore, How can You Resolve the “LG IMS keeps pausing” problem on your phone? With the help Of this instruction, you can resolve the “Lg ims keeps stopping how to fix” issue on your phone.
Restart your Android phone
Rebooting your LG May Address the majority of issues, including the “LG IMS Keep Stopping” error message, Which May Be fixed By pressing And holding the reboot button while restarting the device. If you discover that this step is ineffective for you, you can:
- End all programmes that are running in the background.
- On Your LG smartphone, Long-press the power button to the left or right. Among the options that appear for switching off, rebooting, or restarting, choose switch or turn off.
- Give the reboot some time to finish.
Update The LG IMS App
You can Take the following actions To update the LG IMS app:
- On your phone, launch the Google Play Store app.
- At the Top-left corner Of the Screen, Tap the three Horizontal lines.
- On the menu, choose “My apps & games”.
- Search the list Of installed apps for the LG IMS app.
- You will see a “Update” button Next to the App if there is an update available. Touch it.
- Await the app’s update To download and install.
Update Your Android System
- On your Android device, open the “Settings” app.
- Depending on your device, scroll down and click “System” or “System Updates”.
- To start the process of installing an update, choose “Download and Install” or “Check for Updates” if one is available.
- Hold off while the update downloads and is installed. Make sure Your device is linked To A dependable Wi-Fi network And has Enough Battery life because this Process might take Some time.
- Restart Your Device after the Update has been Installed.
Reinstall LG IMS App
- Navigate To the app store On Your smartphone (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- Enter “LG IMS” into the search field.
- When the LG IMS App shows in the search results, Tap on it.
- To Remove the programme from Your Device, Choose “Uninstall” Or “Remove”.
- To reinstall the programme On Your Smartphone After it has been removed, Select “Install” Or “Download” From the menu.
- Wait For the App To Finish downloading And Installing.
- Activate the LG IMS app To see if the problem has been fixed.
Clear LG IMS App and System Cache Data
Clearing the cache data for the LG IMS App And the system appeared To work for many individuals To resolve the “LG IMS keeps halting” bug. So, You must also give it a shot. the following steps:
- Click Or Press the LG IMS App icon.
- Decide On the information icon.
- After that, Choose Clear Data.
- Choose Clear Cache next.
- You may then successfully erase the data from the LG IMS cache after that.
- If the error notice still Appears, Try launching the programme.
Disable The App
The alternative option is to remove the LG ims app from the system, but keep in mind that doing so would prevent you from using VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling afterward. Steps To Disable it Are as Follows:
- Device “Settings” app.
- Tap “Apps” Or “Application Management” down below.
- Tap LG IMS among Your Installed Applications.
- “Disable” the LG IMS app.
- Disabling the app May create issues or disrupt other apps. “Disable app” confirms.
- Your LG IMS app will be deactivated and cannot be used.
- Check your device after restarting.
Use the Hidden Menu to Change the IP Version
The IP version that is currently in use On Your device may be the root of the LG IMS issue. To rule out this as the pop-source, alter the IP version using the hidden menu by doing the actions listed below:
- Enter 277634#*# and look for and choose “IP version”
- Change “IPV6V4” to “IPV4V6”
Reset Your Device
It’s crucial to back up your crucial data before resetting your LG smartphone because doing so will wipe all of its data and settings. Observe these instructions to reset your LG device:
- The “Settings” app is where You Should go.
- Choose “System” or “General Management” by swiping down.
- Reset or Reset choices can be tapped.
- Choose “Factory data reset” or “Erase all data (factory reset)”.
- Once you’ve read the warning notice, press “Reset phone” or “Delete all” to confirm.
- If asked, enter the PIN, password, or pattern for your device.
- Wait for the reset procedure to finish. This might take some time.
- Set up your device once more when the reset is finished to see if the problem has been fixed.
So, it is how You fix the error notice. Sadly, LG IMS is no longer Supported by LG smartphones. We really Hope You have found this handbook to be useful. Please leave a comment and let us know if you have any further questions on the topic.